Saturday, December 31, 2011

Trying to process..

[Once again I thought I had posted this and I saved it instead.]

We headed down to Salt Lake this past weekend to meet with Adams surgeon. Overall the appointment went great. Dr Skarda was really happy with how well he is thriving and his weight gain. Weighing in at 9lbs 3oz.
He was a little surprised he was on oxygen, and balked at the 1/8th of a liter he is on. He showed all of his colleagues the CT scans and they have agreed this is the largest growth they have seen.
I even got to see the CT scan from when he was born. I could not believe how big this growth really is. It takes up at least 1/3rd of his chest.

Then we got blind sided when he said they have also decided to do the surgery within the next month.
........ (Bill and I trying to process)
With how well he has grown and the risk of Adam getting sick they want to take it out sooner than later.

Right now we have an appointment on the 4th to get a chest x-ray and to finalize the details on the surgery.

Updates to come...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a lot to process. We will keep you in ours prayers. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete