Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Table


For a while now we have been looking for a new table, I say we but really I mean me because I had a look in my head that I wanted and could never find. This July we went over to the Antiques Fair at Teton Village and I met up with Bill and Nick from Affordable Antiques. They are the ones I usually get any antique from. In our conversations about tables he showed me a table he had brought up to use as a display. He wasn't selling it up there but said he would sell it to me out of the SLC office. It took all of 2 seconds and the mention that they would refinish it in whatever color I would like for me to say yes. Bill looked at it with me and said he liked it so the deal was done. I sent some of the stain we used in our home down with MomF and Leslie to drop off to him to refinish it.
About 3 months later and a lot of drama we now have a new/old kitchen table. It took them 2 rounds to get the top to take the stain and unfortunately, but fortunately they were unable to stain the legs due to a wax coating that had been put on them and over time soaked into the legs. However we brought it in the kitchen and set it up trying to decide what to do with the legs and the more we look at it, the more we love it just the way it is.
Now if only we could find some chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment